Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hey girls, I'm reading. I'm on chap 17 of volume the 2nd. Where are you? I never cease to be amazed my Austen's humor. I've read this book a few times and watched the movie many many times and it draws me in every time. Your Dad laughs out loud when he watches it, he loves Mary and Mr Bingley the most. I don't really have a favorite character because I enjoy them all immensely but I must say Mr Bennet's dry sense of humor, (so characteristically British) is hard to beat. Of course Mr Collins is completely obtuse but so is Lady Catherine de Bourgh. I love the the evening when she is commenting on Elizabeth's piano playing telling her that she will never be very good unless she practices more. She admits to not being able to play herself then adds "but if I had ever learnt, I would have been a true proficient". So funny! She and Mr Collins are the perfect pair one constantly kissing up and the other condescending. Then there is Mr Hurst a complete buffoon who does nothing but eat, drink and sleep and sponge off his wife. He's awesome. Well let me know where you. Me

No comments: